Do you have audio related issues? Here you will find the answers.
You hear noises, clicks or interference, or you don’t hear anything on either side
- Make sure the 3.5 mm audio connector is fully inserted. The straight connector is connected to the headphones, and the one that is L-shaped, to the audio device.
- Check that the audio source is on and working properly.
- If the audio source is a computer or a laptop, try adjusting the settings.
- If you still hear the distorted sound, try a different audio source and another cable.
The volume is too high
Lower the volume of the source.
The phone does not respond by pressing the buttons
Check that the headphone jack is connected correctly. In the case of functions that are activated with multiple beats, change the speed of the same when you use the microphone/remote control.
Remember to install the latest software updates on your device. The functionality of the built-in microphone/remote control can be limited with devices that do not work with IOS.
The microphone does not capture the sound
- Check that the headphone jack is connected correctly and that the socket is clean and clear.
- Check that the microphone (located on the back of the remote control) is not locked or covered.
- Check that the straight end of the connector is connected to the headphones and the L-end is connected to the audio source.
- If you use your beats with a computer, check that your computer’s microphone is set to the correct input source.